I was away on a girls weekend celebrating my best friends birthday when someone remarked that they liked my new cobalt blue bag. The comment was followed with you love blue bags don't you? As I started to reply "Oh, hmm I don't really think so..." I pulled out my clutch for the night: blue. Then was reminded of my little Rebecca Minkoff mac bag also blue. You get the hint... apparently I'm the last to know. So here are my favorite picks for clothing and accessories in the pretty little hue of blue:
I've been thinking a lot about home décor lately and have been drawn to the idea of a soft beachy-boho vibe (I made that term up...clearly). Above are my picks to create the look I'm recently craving.
1. This chair is so "me". Do you ever just look at a piece and think that someone created it just for you (or are you not the narcissist I'm proving myself to be.... I digress). The chair is slipcovered, swivels, and looks so comfy! This is the type of piece I think I would be comfortable investing in.
2. I'm in the process of updating my living room lamps. I'm planning on staying in the blue family and am transitioning from two that match to a more eclectic look. This lamp may just have to be my next purchase. What are your thoughts on lamps? Should they match or look like they were collected over time? I'm thinking if I do matching of anything in the near future it will be sconces.
3. This little print has been circling the blog world and it's really quite appealing. What girl can't relate to some stripes and a top knot? For me, the soft color palette and messy bun evoke a carefree and peaceful feeling.
4. What to say about this lumbar pillow... how about "posture is important and back support is a must" so there's really no way around the fact that I literally need it.
5. OK this rug is a home run in my book BUT only if it's small. I'm picturing in an entryway, hallway, or some other small space. I've made the mistake of committing to a bold rug and learned my lesson: it's not for me. The next rug I purchased for my living room was a nice little Ralph Lauren sisal rug.
7. The duvet cover is an absolute show stopper. I'm truly obsessed; although, there's part of me that wishes it were a summer weight quilt. I like crisp white bedding with a colorful quilt folded at the bottom.
Anything you're loving lately in home décor? I'm thinking a lot about wall color these days too. Pouring over this book has been so helpful!
Today's crush- the above embroidered shell top! Perfectly pink in the above image but so versatile for summer with white jeans, cut-offs, or even over a pencil skirt for work. At only $47.52 consider it SOLD. There's so much detail it looks like it would cost hundreds!
I've blogged about his photography before and was so excited to see that his work is on sale right now over on One Kings Lane. I've got my favorite portrait in my cart now (the above image St. Tropez)!
Which do you like best? Here's a few of my other favorites:
Prada Marfa- LOVE! #TEXAS
Central Park Lawn
Ahh I can't decide! HELP.
Also, side note- hair update. I had a really important appointment (note my absence on the blog- lots of travel and some serious changes happening- more on that later). I was conservative and only did a few inches. But now that that's over I have another hair appointment Friday and plan to chop off a few more inches and add some highlights! Thanks for all of your feedback.
I NEED a haircut like whoa! Seriously though my hair is so long I look like a Duggar. I called today and have an appointment for tomorrow. I just need to decide if I should do a few inches... or go shoulder length like the ladies above?
What are your thoughts? Are you wearing your hair long or short these days?
One thing I love about summer is that you don't need a huge purse to carry around all your gloves, hats, etc. Just a little clutch will suffice- so I've rounded up a few of my favorites for a night out.
I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. The slower pace of summer has certainly started to set in for me. The laid back bohemian space above has a fun yet simple aesthetic that evokes the feeling of summer vacation. I feel the same way about the two tops. Easy breezy wear that's perfect to throw on after a day at the beach.
I seriously need a vacation. My family is away without me right now! If I could have made it to the beach with them I definitely would have packed one of the above looks.